QUEST:Dragon rod equipment quest
From Mortal Realms Mud
- a dragon rod - Level 91, light, 20 AC
- Find the Master Alchemist, go e, e, e, e, e, s, open door, e
(White Aura) The Master Alchemist walks around here looking very worried. The Master Alchemist tells you 'Sorry, I don't have much time to talk to you...' The Master Alchemist tells you 'Something really bad has happened. :('
- say what happened?
You say 'what happened?' The Master Alchemist tells you 'One of my best disciples chose the path of Evil. This wouldn't be a ' The Master Alchemist tells you 'big problem, it happens often; the fact is that he stole an ancient and ' The Master Alchemist tells you 'important book. But, wait, will you be so kind to HELP me?'
- say help
You say 'help' The Master Alchemist tells you 'Thanx a lot! You can use any means to get the book back. ' The Master Alchemist tells you 'I know that he installed a secret laboratory in the eastern part' The Master Alchemist tells you 'of the Great Plateau. Please find him and bring me the book!'
- You need detect hidden to see the entrance, but just follow these directions if you prefer to do without. Go w, n, w, s, open stone, d, open door, w. The Mad Alchemist will respond with the following before attacking you:
The Secret Laboratory E-Too dark to tell An alchemist who looks very busy walks around here. the mad Alchemist tells you 'AH! My silly Master sent you to get back the book... Well It's too late!' the mad Alchemist tells you 'I burned it after learning all its secrets. You will die for ' the mad Alchemist tells you 'your stupid choice!' The mad Alchemist utters the words, 'unsozfolegruui'. ... The mad Alchemist is DEAD!! You feel rewarded in teaching your followers. You hear the mad Alchemist's death cry. You get everything from corpse of the mad Alchemist. The Gods gives you 1 gold coins for corpse of the mad Alchemist. A diary falls out onto the floor. You get a diary.
- When you have killed the Mad Alchemist he will drop the diary. Examine the diary to reveal the following commentary
As you read the diary you realize how many cruel experiments the mad alchemist conducted in his secret hideout. Towards the end of the diary you get interested in a part where he wrote of a very powerful item that can be obtained with the collaboration of a great dragon. The procedure involves the mixing of a potion using the blood of a vampire and making a dragon drink this potion. If a dragon was never a proper gem his soul would be caged into it giving the owner of this gem great powers.
- Return to the Master Alchemist and you will be greeted:
The Master Alchemist tells you 'Hello my dear friend XXXXXXXX. :)'
- say burned
You say 'burned' The Master Alchemist tells you 'Oh. This is a big loss for our community.' The Master Alchemist tells you 'At least it's not going to happen again. Anyhow..' The Master Alchemist tells you 'Thanx for your help. I'll REWARD you.'
- say reward
You say 'reward' The Master Alchemist tells you 'In that book was kept the secret about how to cage the soul of' The Master Alchemist tells you 'a dragon. I don't remember much about this process, so all I can do ' The Master Alchemist tells you 'for you now is to grant you access to a city which floats o the clouds ' The Master Alchemist tells you 'above you where wise and ancient dragons live.' The Master Alchemist tells you 'Climb over the big rock on the Great Plateau and you'll find your way.'
- Now you need to visit the Platinum Dragon in the Golden Citadel in Dragon Haven. Once you have climbed over over the huge rock, Raul (a mob wandering around the Plateau) will become aggressive toward you. Raul has a weapon called The Dragon Slayer which is cursed. As long as he isn't aggressive, cast remove curse on him and kill him for the item (apart from being a good weapon, just having this level 94 item in the top level of your inventory causes your alignment to drop several points every tick.
- From the Master Alchemist use the following directions to get to the Platinum Dragon. Go w, n, w, w, n, n, u (you need fly), u, u, u, u, open golden, e, e, e, e. The Platinum Dragon will greet you with:
The Throne Stage N-Under a Castle To E-throne S-Under a Castle To W-The Main Hallway (Translucent) (White Aura) The platinum dragon is resting here. The platinum dragon tells you 'Welcome in my Castle XXXXXXXX.' The platinum dragon tells you 'I have been informed that you are seeking the soul of a Dragon.'
- say soul
You say 'soul' The platinum dragon sits down and thinks deeply. The platinum dragon tells you 'Hmmm... I know what you are looking for. I offer my own soul to you if' The platinum dragon tells you 'help us banishing the most dangerous THREAT to our city that we had to' The platinum dragon tells you 'face in the last centuries.'
- say threat
You say 'threat' The platinum dragon tells you 'There is a mighty human who has been hired by the forces of Evil to' The platinum dragon tells you 'destroy the entire breed of lawful dragons... Right now he is looking' The platinum dragon tells you 'for a way to enter our town. Probably you already met him in the ' The platinum dragon tells you 'Great Plateau. His name is Raul and he's all dressed in black.' The platinum dragon tells you 'Kill him and I'll be proud of helping you.'
- So you kill Raul (remember he is aggressive to you now) and return to the Platinum Dragon where you will be greeted:
(White Aura) An evil and mighty warrior wanders around here. Raul stares at the sky looking for something. Raul tells you 'So... You decided to the defend that silly population of dragons...' Raul tells you 'You'll pay the consequences of your stupid choice! DIE!' ... (Translucent) (White Aura) The platinum dragon is resting here. The platinum dragon tells you 'Thanks to you our town will live for many centuries. I will never' The platinum dragon tells you 'thank you enough. All I can do is to give my soul to you.' The platinum dragon tells you 'Do you know how to CAGE the soul of a dragon?'
- say cage
You say 'cage' The platinum dragon tells you 'Ok! You need 3 things:' The platinum dragon tells you 'A dragon rod' The platinum dragon tells you 'A potion of soul-caging' The platinum dragon tells you 'and a gem' The platinum dragon tells you 'Return to me when you have all these Items.'
- the Dragon Rod (this is not the same as the final dragon rod) from the General Store
- any of the gems from Carlo's Jewelry store;
- charm and induction potions from Gabriel's Magic shop;
- To find out to make the potion of soul-caging, return to the Master Alchemist;
- say potion of soul caging
You say 'potion of soul caging' The Master Alchemist tells you 'Yes... I know of this potion, It's a very ancient formula,' The Master Alchemist tells you 'To prepare it you need to mix a charm potion, a vial of vampire blood,' The Master Alchemist tells you 'and potion of induction.'
- Find (and kill) the Vampire. He is aggressive, but not very tough.
- From the Master Alchemist go w, n, w, n, (quaff pass door), e, e, open gate, n.
- These three components need to be mixed together to make the potion of soul-caging.
- Just type MIX to mix them:
>mix You mix the vampire blood with a potion of charm. >mix You mix the potion of induction with the blood obtaining a potion of soul caging.
- You also need to create the Dragon Rod that you will give to the Platinum Dragon.Type MOUNT to mount the gem onto the Dragon Rod:
>mount Brrr mounts a gem onto the dragon rod.
- Now return to the Platinum Dragon. You will be greeted:
The platinum dragon tells you 'Now that you have all the items required for the ritual we can proceed.' The platinum dragon tells you 'Follow me, we have to be by the Well of Souls to succeed.'
- open throne, e
The platinum dragon tells you 'Now give me the Rod with the gem mounted first and then' The platinum dragon tells you 'The potion of soul caging.'
- give rod dragon
You give a dragon rod to The platinum dragon. The platinum dragon tells you 'Good the rod is perfect. Now give me the potion.'
- give soul dragon
The platinum dragon tells you 'OK! I have to warn you now that when I'll quaff the potion my' The platinum dragon tells you 'Soul will be eradicated from my body and my bones will stay' The platinum dragon tells you 'Alive to kill you. So be sure to have a few friends to help you' The platinum dragon tells you 'Or you will die easily.' The platinum dragon tells you 'When you think you are ready tell me to quaff the potion.' The platinum dragon tells you 'And GOOD LUCK!'
- As the Platinum Dragon suggests, get a few friends along (and especially a healer).
- Set the tank up with Save vs Spells to minimise damage. When you are ready:
- say quaff the potion
You say 'quaff the potion' The Platinum Dragon quaffs the potion and dies immediately. His flesh quickly evaporates... .... .. The skeleton of the platinum dragon suddenly takes life and attacks XXXXXXXX
- Once you have killed him, the Dragon Rod is left on the ground.
- This item is auto-engrave, so the first character to pick it up becomes the owner.
- From now on, when you approach the Platinum Dragon you are greeted:
The platinum dragon bows before you, flourishing its cape.
- You will also be able to purchase items from the weapons store.